Thursday 7 November 2013

Awards and Opportunity

Our workplace Run Club started from the seed of an idea: "I like to run at lunch; maybe others would like to join me."

Given the go-ahead and freedom to set up the club, we grew and expanded, connecting to the Ottawa running community and to elite runners, trainers, health care providers and nutritionists in Ottawa who were a source of inspiration and motivation.

The CEO coin of excellence award for the Run Club was a surprise gift to me from the Run Club members and Senior Management in 2012 after our first season.

In 2013, I was invited to present at the City of Ottawa's first HEAL forum. I received the City of Ottawa Public Heath HEAL award for being an innovator in healthy living.

In October, 2013, I was asked to speak at Ottawa's official Health Day. After the speech, there was a 5K run from City Hall.
Leading Run Club has been such a joy because I was given the freedom to run it as I wished: a very fulfilling task for a creative "Connector" whose forte is setting up positive communities of people from diverse backgrounds. Through our Special Speaker series, I have met some life-changing people who will always be my inspiration in times of difficulty. I am grateful for this experience and hope to continue to connect good people who make positive change in the world to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment