Monday 4 November 2013

Week of Sept. 9 in Run Club


Hi Runners,

This week in Run Club:

Tues- We ran (well, JT and Leo did, anyway J)

Wed-I’m doing a make-up run if anyone wants to join me (canal run). Email me so I wait for you.

Thurs-NOT TO MISS!! Last Special Speaker talk of the year and it’s DA BOSS!! Running legends Ray Zahab and Ferg Hawke talk to us about ultras, mental strength and helping youth realize that they, too, can do the impossible if they set their minds to it.

Sat-Prison Break at Vorlage. I’m going. Must be crazy: chased up a mountain through mud pits up rope climbs and over walls… and I PAID for this! Pics and updates to follow next week.

T-shirt order is IN!

Woohoo! Can’t WAIT to take some pics of us in our new T’s!!

Army Run

If you are doing the Army Run, let me know. I’d like to get a pre-run photo and vid on site of Run Club members ready to race. Also, a post-run pic back at 99 Bank the week after with everyone wearing their shirts and dog tags would be great!

Vids of special speakers on P drive

Thanks to our Lync expert, Jason, we have a number of this year’s presentations recorded and available for Run Club members to watch at their convenience. Email me for info.

If you missed Ryan Grant’s talk last week on the biomechanics of running, it’s avialable, too. Awesome talk: Ryan knows his stuff. Here’s his blogif you’d like more info. Also, I have his cards at my office: feel free to grab one and contact him for any questions on running form.

Special Event by SoleFit (Nov.2—mark your calendars)

SoleFit is putting on a special event on Nov.2 called Running Without Boundaries: The Limitless and Limiting Mind. It will be at the Museum of Nature from 5 to 9 pm.

Eat to Cleanse Your Body

Linda Houle Robert’s latest newsletteris out. If you are interested in eating better and proper nutrition, she’s an amazing resource. Check it out.

Sports and the Brain

If you are interested in how athletes can keep pushing themselves the way they do, check out the fascinating research on the Sports Information and Research Centre’s latest newsletter on Sports and the Brain. I know one of the reasons I run is for mental “cleansing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment