Monday 4 November 2013

Week of Sept. 16


Hi Runners,

This week in Run Club:

Tues- We run!

Thurs-We run!

Fri-Noon: Pick up race kit

Sunday-ARMY RUN!!!

Army Run Photo and Video Shoot

Let’s meet outside the Lord Elgin for a few photos and short vid before the race. Please email me if you are planning to come for this so I don’t wait for you and miss my chance to get in the corral.

We’ll also get a photo of our runners wearing their Tshirts and dog tags on Tues., Sept. 24 .

T-shirts

This week and next week, I’ll be collecting cheques for the T-shirt order. The shirts will take longer to be produced than I had understood and I apologize for that. We will receive them around early to mid-October. For Ottawa runners, that means layers. YVR runners, I think you’re OK. Photos when we get them, though—we will look smashing!

Run for the Cure Team

Team captain, Jason, has put together a fabulous team of 10 for Run for the Cure on Oct.6! Thanks to: Leo, Yen Enge, Karin, Dina, Christina, Rosemarie, Jason, Jenny, Ruth and Erin for participating in this run for an awesome cause! We’re having a photoshoot on Monday at 11:30 so wear pink! If you want to donate to our team, please do so here. We are quite a ways from our goal this year so every little bit helps!

Run for a Cause, Sat., Sept.28 for i2P

Join me in running for i2P, Ray Zahab’s organization, in Joe Rios’s Run for a Cause (#r4ac) on Sat., Sept. 28. Joe is pulling together runners for all different causes into one gigantic 5K fun run for charities on Saturday, Sept. 28 at Parliament Hill. It’s free and it’s a good time. Last year I went, met a new friend, and got free Lululemon running socks. Not bad for a bridge-to-bridge run! Join me—we’ll try to get some publicity for i2P as a thanks to Ferg and Ray for joining us last week. Email me!

Prison Break

Well, it was indeed alot of fun! I’m still sore, though (all those walls and ropes require more triceps than I’ve got!) If you like a fitness challenge, this’ll do it.

Favourite obstacle: sliding on my tummy through the mud down a hill under barbed wire. Yep. Least favourite: either the ice water tank or balance beam over the pond (it wiggled).

Bushtukah Bras and Bikes

Need a new sports bra or a bike? Bushtukah sent us info on their upcoming Bras and Bikes event.

No comments:

Post a Comment